Obviously, throughout the trip, we had lots of good food. It really was excellent, and there was lots of it. Breakfast for me generally included custom-made omlettes. There were danishes, Belgian waffles, and a bunch of other stuff. There was always pizza, available almost all day, with sandwiches, and other things for lunch. All of this at the buffet. You could also go to the formal dining for breakfast or lunch, but Rebecca and I only did that once for lunch. There was ice cream and cookies available anytime, and room service anytime. We ordered cookies and cheese with room-service a few times. However, it took so long that we learned to order extra.
The best food, however, was the formal dining for dinner. There were new things to try. If you wanted to try two things, you could, or two desserts, which I did a few times. We had venison, which for some people is not new, but it was for me. I tried duck, which tasted a little like chicken, but with a softer texture. I tried the escargot (snails), which was not as bad as it could be, but I only ate two.

I tried the mussels, which tasted like clams (so, not that great). I had veal cordon bleu and filet mignon, both of which I liked. We had several versions of baked Alaska for dessert. Some were better than others. The creme brule was also good. And there was plenty of non-new good food as well.
We had two really good servers, shown in the picture below. On the right is Ali, and the left is Novel. They were very friendly. We ended up with the late shift for dinner, and considered changing, but we didn't because we realized we would have to change servers.

They had someone that carved ice scuptures. We sat and watched him during a demonstration.

Often we would find towel origami on our beds at night. This is one of them.

When we got back to Seattle, we all split up to get back to our respective flights. It was a good experience, and we got to see some really neat things. Thanks a ton, Mom!!
It really was a lot of fun. Glad we all made it.
ReplyDelete