Rebecca and I flew up on Saturday. We got to walk around Seattle. We saw the Space Needle, but decided not to spend the money to go up it. Mount Rainier is really impressive. We saw it on our flight up. We are planning to go camping near it this next summer.
We met up with the rest of the family on Sunday, and caught the ship. The first few days were at sea. We read books, or just hung out. We watched for whales from the observation deck, which was also the library. On I think the third day, the ship cruised around the glaciers. The whole area was very scenic. The glaciers, as well as the mountains and rocks, as well as the water.
This picture shows the blue ice of the glacier. I read about the blue ice, and what causes it to be blue, but I don't think I ever really understood why. Not all of the glaciers appeared blue like this. I'm not sure what the difference is.
This next picture is of a house on an island in Sitka Bay. There were lots of these little islands, many with houses on them. Very pretty.
This last picture is of the parliament building in Victoria, BC. We got there near sundown, and you can see the lights on. It creates an interesting effect in the picture.

No comments:
Post a Comment